The examination requirements for USAF/Sansuikai for the kyu and dan degrees can be found here. The requirements for kyu depend on the dojo. These for dan degrees are mandatory for all Sansuikai members.
For dan test You must fill up Aikikai documentation. Please read the text below before proceeding to complete the documentation!
Each examinee is required to fill in the electronic form, print it out and provide it to the Piotr Burnos (Sansuikai Europe Secretary). Person applying for Shodan completes ‘Shodan application form’. Those who are applying for Nidan or above fill ‘Nidan or above application form’. Each document contains few sheets.
We will accept dan application forms 2 times a year from now on, April and September. If You have application forms before April or September, You have to hold them until then.
Important instructions on how to complete the documentation (mandatory):
- All fields in the form must be typed (do not hand writing). Filled application form must be printed and then signed by applicant.
- Do not forget to put number of attendance days after Your last test (right up corner). You should put only practicing days – days You spent on the mat since last test. For minimum number of days refer to the USAF test requirements. For example, if You practice 3 times a week, during the year, You have approximately 156 practicing days per year. According to the USAF requirements for Shodan You must have 300 practicing days. It means You have to practice 2 years, 3 times a week after 1st kyu.
- Name of organization is: USAF/Sansuikai,
- All dates must be in the format DD/MMM/YEAR, e.g: 24/AUG/2019
- At “present rank information” put the place and date of Your last test,
- Examiner’s name: Peter Bernath
- Do not fill field called “For Aikikai Use” (left up corner),
- Do not fill fields “Examination Fee” and “Registration fee”.
- For Shodan do not fill “Aikikai membership No.” and “Date of Aikikai registration”. Only for Nidan and above You fill up this fields (number and the date You could find in Your Yudansha Book).
Please print Your forms, and do not forget to put Your signature at all documents.
For Shodan You fill up sheets “Shodan form 1″ and “SHODAN FORM 2&3.Enrol&Y-book” from this document:
For Nidan and up you fill up only 1 sheet on the bottom “2ND, 3RD, 4TH DAN FORM 1″:
Nidan or above application form
- 1 Dan: $200
- 2 Dan: $200
- 3 Dan: $250
- 4 Dan: $400
- 5 Dan: $1000
- 6 Dan: $1200